Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Cardboard Review:2021 Topps Japan Edition

I am always interested in new products I may not always see where I live, this is where today's product Topps Japan falls.

I had heard of the product through tweets, but knew no details on this product until I did my research on it today.

So, if you haven't heard of this either, let's learn about this product together.

Every box of 2021 Topps Japan Edition comes with 24 packs of 10 cards. Each box has no guaranteed hits and boxes run about $90.

BASE:
The base set is the same as flagship, except much smaller at 220 cards and features the Japan flag on each base card.

PARALLELS:
You can find the following parallels including some new ones,
Cherry Blossoms /99, Jade Green /75, Purple /50, Gold /25, Red /5, and Platinum 1/1.
Purple /50 and Gold /25

Jade Green /75

Cherry Blossoms /99 (this is a cool parallel)

INSERTS:
You can find the following parallels,
Gold /25, Red /5, and Platinum 1/1.
MLB In Japan has 15 cards to collect

 
Japan Comes To MLB has 10 cards in all to collect

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Well, let's start with value as I always do as most collectors think about that first. Without a hit per box and it sitting at $90, it's not pretty when all you pull are a few parallels and inserts.

Thoughts outside of value, there was a ton of duplicates in my break. TONS. The base is kinda bleh with just a flag making the difference. I am happy though they came in with less parallels and even some new ones. It is also cool to see some new inserts and none using the 86 Topps design :) The parallels were nice; it just wasn't really that enjoyable as a break. I would prefer just picking up some of the parallels of my favorite players instead.

Comment below your thoughts on this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment