Thursday, May 9, 2024

Single Card Mail Day:2023 Panini Obsidian Lightning Strike Orange Autograph Jessie Armstead

One thing I have really enjoyed about Panini football releases in 2023 is the number of players they pumped into products that you don't see every day.

Especially NY Giants.

In 2023, players like Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Brian Daboll, Tom Coughlin and today's subject which is the randomest of them all, Jessie Armstead.
Jessie Armstead was one of the many great NY Giants linebackers over the years. He played from the Giants from 1993-2001 and was apart of the NY Giants Ring Of Honor.

Jessie made a lot of plays over the years but the one that stands out to me is his Super Bowl pick six for a touchdown that was called back because of a holding penalty. Which was a bad call and changed the outcome of that game as momentum was on the Giants side. The game would have been tied at that point but instead 10-0 because Baltimore kicked a Field Goal soon after. In my mind, that was a scoring play and will always be one.

I am glad to be able to add his autograph to my Giants collection finally as he was one of my favorite Giants players of the 90's.

Let me know if you have added any obscure autographs to your collection recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment