Friday, May 3, 2024

What Is Up With The USPS?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been dealing with some issues with the postal service recently.

For one, I left my mail in the box for pickup, and the mail lady left it in there for two days before finally grabbing it on day three.

Two, I had two packages lost from eBay.

Three, Two PWE trades I did got lost and one of my envelopes. I have shipped PWE for 12 years without one being lost. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Fortunately, there are a couple of good updates from the above list. 

One of the two PWE trades finally showed up after a month. Which is good, because I traded for cards for a reader's birthday. The second trade and the one I sent haven't shown up....yet.

The other good news is, that one of the eBay cards finally arrived after it was shipped on March 2nd.
Say hello to Eli Manning #1035.

 
This card is numbered 3/4, so when I found out it was lost, I wasn't pleased because of it's rarity.

Just glad that it finally arrived.

But there still something up with the USPS recently. I don't know what it is, but they keep raising their rates and stamp prices (going up again in July) but giving us even less service and even losing my mail.

In comments today, let me know if you are experiencing any issues with USPS like I am. Curious if it's just a local thing or it expands deeper.

Hopefully my PWE shows up to the person I traded with soon or my Cal Ripken Jr-esque streak will come to a bitter end.

4 comments:

  1. I did have one eBay envelope which they sent me notice had been delivered but it never came a few months ago. (It's typical with those envelopes that they claim to have arrived before they do, but usually they show up a couple days later.) That's the only instance I've had recently though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just you. I recently dropped several packages into the bin *at the post office*, and the packages sat there for two days before someone scanned them in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Service is very inconsistent. Some items get sent to a wrong location and rerouted. Some arrive in a timely basis, and some are delayed. It doesn't really make sense to me. I'm not very knowledgeable of how the USPS actually operates so this is just my experiences and opinions. I signed up for Informed Delivery. That has been fairly accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that the St. Louis hub is way understaffed. I don't know if it's true, but I do a fair amount of trading on TCDb. It is pretty common that the person I trade with (PWE) receive the envelope from me about a week before I get the one from them. I recently sent a BM, with tracking. It sat in St. Louis for 2-1/2 days before it started it's journey. About half of my eBay purchases are marked as delivered before they are in my mailbox. Usually it's just a couple of days before they show up, but lately it's closer to a week. I think the eBay tracking is a joke, since the Post Office (at least mine) refuses to acknowledge the tracking numbers. I've complained to eBay, but for some reason, they haven't responded to my requests for information.
    Very frustrating, but what can you do? I must confess, I'm hesitant to complain at the PO for fear it will get worse.

    ReplyDelete