Thursday, December 13, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Panini Phoenix Football

Panini Phoenix returns for another season, it's third, with it's chromed technology and funky background designs.

The product does produce some good looking hits. I didn't fair great in my first break in 2017, so let's see if something improves in 2018.

In every box of 2018 Panini Phoenix football, there are 12 packs with 5 cards per pack. Boxes will have two autographs and one memorabilia card per box and boxes will run around $110.

The base set uses a chrome technology, one closer to Bowman Platinum a few years back than Topps Chrome, and has 200 total cards to collect in the base set with 100 veterans

and 100 rookies. None in my box were a guy named Saquon Barkley. I know, I am obsessed okay. But, if you got one and wanna donate it or trade it, let me know.

 Parallels are very hard sometimes to define in this product especially these red ones. You have to base the background color on it. These are the reds /299.

This is purple /149

Pink /199


Orange /99. Nice one here!

Yellow /75

Green /25. This guy is going to be good.

And these color burst that fall 1:6 packs which ends up being one per box and one pack that has them all.

Other parallels not found in my box include Black /10, Blue 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.

Inserts. There are a few and all of them have the parallels of Color Burst that fell 1:60 packs which is the Eli above, Red /299, Pink /199, Purple /75, Orange /49, Yellow /25, Green /10, and Blue 1/1.

 Unmatched:

QB Vision. Bortles is a red /299

Adrenaline Rush. Howard is purple /149

Most Valuable, Cam is Red /299

Now onto the hits! They have the following parallels of, Purple /75, Prime Yellow /25, Prime Green /10, and Super Prime Blue 1/1.

 RPS Jumbo Memorabilia cards.Josh Allen purple

Rising Rookie of Traquon Smith. I used to hate seeing this guy in boxes since he flooded them but now that he is starting to turn it up with Drew Brees. Cool football swatch.

And the best hit of the box is of Sony Michel who is having a good first season with the Patriots. He is also helping my fantasy football team since I traded for him.
Other hits not in my box but could be in yours includes,
  • Class of 2018 RPS Rookie Jumbo Auto
  • Retired Signatures
  • Veteran Autographs Relic
  • Dual Patch Autographs
  • Triple Patch Autographs
  • RPS Memorabilia
  • Retired Patches
  • Veteran Materials
  • Veteran Materials Prime Yellow / Green 
OVERALL: A nice looking product despite its sometimes confusing parallels. The price point it what you would expect for a product with three hits and my break actually wasn't that bad with three names I knew. I have seen better and I have seen worse.

I think for a product like this it's best to stick with a box break and I strongly recommend using Midwest Box Breaks for your breaking needs. They are always hitting the big pulls so if they are breaking this, you could put yourself in a good spot.

Please thank Panini America and Tracy Hackler for providing this box for me to review to giveaway some of the hits in my Christmas giveaway!! Please follow them on all social media sites and visit their website for all your card needs, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment