Sunday, December 23, 2018

Eliminated,But Hopeful

Well, the season for the NY Giants will end in two games officially now after a terrible home defeat to the Titans last week. It rained cats and dogs but the Giants offense acted as if it was snow as they turned to ice and couldn't move the ball whatsoever. The defense played another solid game but they can't stay on the field all game long to try and win the game when the offense can't move the ball. You get tired after awhile.

Sadly today's game vs the surprising Colts team I don't get to watch. The Giants take a backseat to the Patriots when it comes to aired games locally. It bites. My most hated team I have to sit and watch just to keep score of the Giants game. Ugh.

I at least can be hopeful for what this team has for next year and going forward. They have shown me something some hope after the bye week. There is a lot of young talent on this team especially after this 2018 draft. And say what you want about the Giants not drafting a QB, I don't care, I liked the Barkley pick and I won't back down from it. This team has two of the top 10 biggest offensive threats in the NFL. Yes, two. OBJ and Saquon are great offensive pieces for any young QB that may come in and I look forward to seeing how both of those players do next season. Just hoping OBJ can stay healthy.

Saquon has been healthy this season that's for sure. Recently I won a print from @DaringSharpe on Twitter where I go to choose background and player and it may have involved this said player.....

BOOM!

That's right, my main man Saquon! I loved the blue winter background as he ices defenses with his cool moves. See what I did there?

A couple of years ago I had won an Odell print from him as well. Now I have those two key pieces for the Giants future on my man cave wall in beautiful art form.
 

Here they are side by side.

If you haven't yet, check @DaringSharpe out on Twitter. As you can see, his artwork is amazing and I am sure you guys could as well find a nice piece for your man cave wall too. Thanks again Matt for this amazing piece!

You wanna know something else that's amazing?? Gavin over at Baseball Card Breakdowns selection of NY Giants cards for me. It's not very often anymore with close to 5,000 Giants cards that I get all new cards in an envelope.

You know being a sports card blog I couldn't just leave today without some new card additions to be posted! Thanks to Gavin I have some to post so let's check em out!

Steve Smith who I consider the underdog Super Bowl hero in Super Bowl 42. If he hadn't caught a few key passes late, the Giants may not have won that game.

I am not sure if Andre is still playing or not. He was playing for the Chargers but I unfollowed him on Twitter now after he gave up responding to my new card adds. I think it's because they are all in Giants uniform as I don't think he has a Chargers card yet or probably never will.

However, I do follow David Wilson. This guy was really fun to watch and his backflips were incredible. It's just to bad his NFL career was cut short because of a neck injury. However, he has fought his way back to be an inspiration as he tried out for some other sports afterwards.

I wished Topps/Bowman would do more fun parallels like this instead of border colors.

A new Eli. Die cut and shiny is right up my alley.

And to end it, a numbered Eli from Playbook. I like the design and layout of this card. It's kind of like a TV graphic on ESPN or something.
Thanks for the cards Gavin! Hoping to work for more trades in 2019!

Well, Giants, let's not play for a draft spot. Let's continue to work for wins. I won't be able to watch you on TV, but I will follow you closely on multiple TV channels today.  #BeatTheColts

No comments:

Post a Comment