Sunday, December 9, 2018

Suprises All Around

I was extremely blessed last week. I won a contest for a special hand picked print that I will show off when it arrives. I was also chosen for another special item I will share as well on here when that arrives as well. Then came Sunday when the NY Giants pulled off the monumental surprise of beating the 8-3 Chicago Bears. They blew a 10pt lead with two minutes left but managed to pull out the win in OT. The sad part was I missed out on the overtime as my area HAD to show the Patriots game instead of finishing off the OT.

At least I had a couple of guys keeping an eye out and telling me how the game finished. I was still excited for a W either way. If only they had held on to the Eagles game. Playoffs could actually have been a  possibility.

There was also one more surprise I haven't mentioned yet. A surprise in my mail box. This one came from my Twitter buddy @TCovCards11. He sent a bunch of Giants along just because.

Here is a good group of players including Tiki, Engram and Odell.

There were other Odells to find as well. Speaking of Odell, anyone see him throw that 50 yard touchdown pass? Yeah, this guy can play. Whether you like him or not, you can at least admit that.

Here is his Score rookie card.

One of the greatest plays in NFL history. I will never get tired of seeing this card. Would love to actually see some parallels of it.

Speaking of parallels, Xr blue /199 and a Panini one numbered to 20. Great photography as well on that card.

Moore didn't get too far with his NFL career due to lack of talent and off the field issues. But, once you wear blue, you are always blue even if you go to the Cowboys afterwards.

Andre Williams and Rueben Randle. Two of my bigger NY Giants PC's in terms of autograph and relic content. Both have 20+ of each.

Hakeeeeeeem Nicks. He had amazing hands and a great playoff run when the Giants won their last Super Bowl.

There are three players on here, but only Jernigan matters to me.

More Jernigan as well. I have said this many, many times, they should have let this guy keep playing. He showed potential.

There was also another Jernigan autograph that was a Totally Certified RPA redemption card unused. I am trying to contact Panini to see if the card still exists even though it was expired in 2013. They are usually solid with cards like that still.

Davis Webb. Wonder what would have become of him? Or what will still be? Plenty of teams including the Giants still could be looking at the future for a QB.
But, I expect Eli Manning back next year to make one last run of things especially after seeing improvements from him after the bye.

A big thanks goes out to Tcov for the awesome surprise in my mail box. Sometime, I gotta hit you back with something.

The Giants have the Redskins today in Washington. Can they make it four out of five wins? Well, will have to wait til 1pm to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment