Monday, December 17, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Panini Rookie And Stars Football

One of my yearly favorites since the late 90's, Rookies and Stars is back for 2018 and packing, well, rookies and stars. There is plenty to find in here so let's take a look at what I found in my break.

In every box of 2018 Panini Rookies and Stars football is 6 packs of 10 cards. There will also be 2 autographs and 2 memorabilia cards per box. Boxes are currently running $100.

The base set sticks to what we usually expect from Rookies and Stars. Some form of border and focus on the main player. I think the last few years definitely looks better than that plain while background they ran for a bit.

There are 200 cards in the base set with 100 veterans,

and 100 rookies. It seems to be the most basic base card set build for Panini now. My box lacked a Saquon so if any of you have one to trade or donate, I wouldn't mind accepting it!

As with any product, we see parallels. There are a few in Rookies and Stars but in a box there aren't many. I only found two in mine. True Blue /49 and 

a gold of future Giants QB, least I hope so with all of the cards I have of him, numbered to 10 of Kyle Lauletta.

Other parallels to find are, Green, Purple, Red, Longevity /75, Red&Blue /25,Black&Blue #5, Platinum 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.

Inserts are plenty and plentiful per pack. Parallels for them include, True Blue /49, Gold /10, and Platinum 1/1.

Action Packed. Why they won't make this into a product again and bring back the embossing is beyond me. I have mentioned it multiple times.

Touchdown Club:

Precision Passers (both rookies and veterans in this insert series)

Standing Ovation:

Star Studded:

Rookie Rush. Lamar Jackson who I am looking for an autograph of. Got one? Let's trade!

Saquon Barkley!!! My first Barkleys from all four boxes of reviews. True Blue parallel as well.

Airborne. These are really cool and I can't wait to see Saquon on this next year. These are printed on the chrome technology and have parallels of Red /99, Pink /85, Purple /65, Orange /35, Gold /10, Green /5, Black 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.

Great American Heroes. Once again printed on Chrome technology with parallels of,  Red /99, Pink /85, Purple /65, Orange /35, Gold /10, Green /5, Black 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.

There are also Crusade inserts with the chrome technology but I didn't find one in this box. That's one of my favorite Panini inserts lines.

Time for the hits!

Year 1. Rookies and cardboard with memorabilia!

Great American Treasures. He his showing that this season!

This guy is pretty good on that Dallas defense *gag*

And my final hit is this  Great American Heroes /25 of Brian Urlacher.

Other hits not found in my box but could be in yours includes,
  • Airborne Signature
  • Crusade Signatures
  • Dress for Success Autograph Relics
  • Freshman Orientation Autograph Relics
  • Great American Heroes Signatures
  • Statistical Standouts Signatures
  • Stellar Rookies Signatures
  • Cross Training Relics
  • Great American Treasures Relics
  • NFL Authentic Relics
  • Prime Cuts Relics
  • Star Search Relics
  • Team Duals Relics
OVERALL, well, my hits weren't the best until I discovered that Urlacher that saved the box at the end. I loved the chrome inserts especially with their shine. The rest of the product was basic which is what I expected. If you like Rookies and Stars before, you will like it once again.

However, if you don't want to fork out the money, I think for a product like this it's best to stick with a box break and I strongly recommend using Midwest Box Breaks for your breaking needs.They are always hitting the big pulls so if they are currently breaking this, you could put yourself in a good spot.

Please thank Panini America and Tracy Hackler for providing this box for me to review to giveaway some of the hits in my Christmas giveaway!! Please follow them on all social media sites and visit their website for all your card needs, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment