Wednesday, December 26, 2018

My Best Hit Ever In A Box Break!

Box breaks haven't been my friend over the years. I haven't been in tons, but the ones I have been in, just base and inserts. I think one time I did hit an autograph.

But, nothing too big. That's probably why I don't get into them very often.

However, my luck changed for once when I jumped in on a 10 box PYT over at Midwest Box Breaks. The funny thing is I grabbed one of the last ten spots which were the teams that hadn't sold yet and there was a bargain price on them. One of those teams, the NY Giants. For some reason or another it was calling me to jump in.

And the hobby Gods rewarded me for doing so. There was a 1:10 chance I could get the Giants in the random and somehow my dream came true. That alone was a good start. Would the break be as good to me?

The first box was pretty decent to me as I landed some base and rookies and even a hit

With this Evan Engram relic. One box down, I was pretty happy.

But then came the next eight boxes.  Nothing but a few base and some inserts. Even though two of the inserts were Barkley (same card). However, no Barkley base rookie card. None! That's 8 boxes without a single Saquon Barkley base rookie card!





So here we were, last box. Ben from Midwest Box Breaks makes the comment along the lines of, "boy have the Giants been quiet so far", then the earth shook......a beam of light hit the final box of Playoff and this, yes, this card was discovered....
Holy Saquon Barkley Batman!!!! I was floored. Best hit ever in a box break for me and it was also the best hit of the 10 boxes besides a Marcus Allen/Jim Plunkett auto numbered to 25. There were also two Josh Rosen autographs as well.

A huge thanks to Ben over at Midwest Box Breaks for providing me my best hit ever. I am sure many of his buyers say the same. I have seen it. If you haven't given them a chance yet, please do so. Don't miss out on the possibilities just look how I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment