I can honestly say I haven't ever busted a hobby box of Topps Heritage Minor League before as I strictly have stuck to hobby packs in the past. So I was curious how a full hobby break would go.
I guess 2016 was a good year to start as here are some highlights to this years:
- For the first time ever, Topps Heritage Minor League Baseball will have ON-CARD autos of the biggest MiLB stars.
- This year's release will pay tribute to Topps' 1967 design just like it's MLB counterpart
- A more friendly price point and configuration.
So let's see how it went. You know what to do, READ ON!
In each box of 2016 Topps Heritage Minors is 18 Packs with 8 Cards Per Pack. Boxes run a bit cheaper than the MLB version at $50 and comes with 2 hits including one on-card autograph and one relic card.
The base cards as I stated above, use the 1967 Topps design. I think these look great with the combo of the minor league uniforms. Makes them look really authentic.
There is a 200-card base set, including a replication of the 1967 League Leaders cards.
Just like in 1967, the subsets of Batting Leaders and Pitching Leaders are included.
The base set also includes Variations that are easy to define. I just didn't find any to show you.
And with any Topps product or any product in general, there are base cards parallels to be found.
- - Blue Border Parallel /99
- - Peach Border Parallel /25.
- - Black Border Parallel numbered 1/1.
- - Printing Plates numbered 1/1.
I pulled 3 Blue Border parallels.
There isn't much for insert content in Heritage Minors as opposed to the MLB version, but I am not opposed to that as sometimes products use inserts as fillers. The design of the inserts and the Topps Sticker insert cards look great paying homage to the 1967 Topps stickers with an insert (not actual stickers as I tried to peel them before doing my research).
Here are the 1967 Topps Sticker Insert
MINOR MIRACLES: Highlighting the most miraculous Minor League Baseball performances.
Other inserts not found in my box are....
BASE CARD MYSTERY REDEMPTIONS: These are a limited mystery redemption for a base card of a top 2016 MLB Draft pick in his MiLB uniform. Seems kind of an odd insert, guess I would have to see what they look like and why they were added. I mean, it's a base card.
"MAKE YOUR PRO DEBUT" PROMOTION cards you should find two per box of. This once-in-a-lifetime MiLB experience is available exclusively through Topps Heritage Minor League Baseball! I haven't scratched my cards yet to see if I won but will soon!
Just look at what the 2015 winner got to do with the Durham Bulls:
- Received his own locker in the Bulls clubhouse, fully equipped with a game uniform and equipment
- Participated in pre-game warm-ups and batting practice
- Presented the lineup card at home plate
- Threw the ceremonial first pitch
Don't tell me that's not cool. Here is what those cards look like:
Now onto the hits.
My first hit is an Clubhouse Collection of an upcoming star in Clint Frazier.
There are parallels to these as well:
- Peach Parallel numbered to 25.
- Black Patch Parallel featuring a multi-color jersey patch and is numbered 1/1.
Other relic finds not in my box are coin relics. I know some think of these as gimmicky, but I really dig em! I think my stamp/coin of Griffey I traded for was probably my favorite pickup so far this year for JR.
67 MINT Relics are new to this years product. They feature an MiLB stars alongside a U.S. nickel from 1967.
These have parallels of:
- Peach Quarter Parallel - showcasing a 1967 U.S. quarter. Sequentially numbered to 25.
- Black Quarter Parallel - showcasing a 1967 U.S. quarter. Numbered 1/1.
My autograph pull was a Real One Autograph on-card. These are just signed on there base cards.
Just because I didn't hit a big winner on my auto, doesn't mean he won't become one and it doesn't mean some of the money guys aren't in here, take a look:
Key Prospect Autographs included in this product are Dansby Swanson, Alex Bregman, Austin Meadows, Andrew Benintendi, Clint Frazier, Orlando Arcia, J.P. Crawford, Alex Reyes, and Ozzie Albies.
Other autographs not found in my box are:
ATTRIBUTES AUTOGRAPHS: Featuring today's MiLB standouts on a comic book-inspired design!
- Black Border Parallel - numbered 1/1.
LOOMING LEGACY AUTO: Active MiLB veteran stars will be featured on a design that is so 1960's!
- Black Border Parallel - numbered 1/1.
Overall, for price point, I think a box is worth a look. I can't call this box a complete dud despite not hitting it big. Cause, this is minor league, any of these guys can step up at anytime and that means it drives the value. I do like the simplicity without the complicated short prints like the MLB version and it's definitely a fun break for those prospectors especially with the 1967 design. I don't think it's for those chasing the big hits, but it has it's fan base and following.
Now onto how to win this card and remember I am trying something NEW so remember to FOLLOW ALL NEW STEPS on how to enter.
Earlier I showed you my BLUE PARALLEL pulls from the box that's numbered to 99. Keep this in mind when reading below...
- Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to host this/these nice giveaways with. Follow them on all social media sites and visit their site, HERE, as well.
- ***VERY IMPORTANT***MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT to enter or have a shipping address in the U.S. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere.This is always hard to do as I appreciate all readers but I hope you all understand non-U.S. readers.
- Random winner will be chosen after 7 randoms
- Card may be shipped PWE. I like to forewarn on this.
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW telling me ONE PRO AND ONE CON OF THE PRODUCT.
- Also, take a guess on what the number out of 99 is on the Kaprielian blue. Such as 55/99. The person with the closest or correct guess without going over wins the auto! In this contest, you control if you win or lose!
- YOU CAN ENTER DAILY WITH A NEW GUESS. Yes, tell me your guessed number if you so choose!
- You must AT LEAST do steps 5 and 6 to be entered. 7 is optional.
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on October 16th 2016. Winner will be announced in a separate post on October 17th 2016
- Don't forget to thank the above sponsor of this contest and I won't mind a thank you as well :)
Good luck to all that enter and thanks for reading!