Monday, October 17, 2016

Project Pedro Trade Recap Part 17:1996 Summit Football Hobby Box Break

October has officially been named, Cards I Got From Project Pedro Blog Month.

In 1995, I fell in love with Summit football. The base design was spectacular and the cards were thick, the inserts looked great, and that was enough for me to keep going back for more. Including a box I busted just last year.

In 1996, I couldn't find much locally so I didn't get to bust as much. Luckily boxes are really affordable now and lucky for me I was able to bust one in this trade.

1996 Summit hobby boxes came with 18 packs and 7 cards per pack. Boxes now run under $20.

Like I said, I haven't busted much so when I opened it up and found a box topper, I got excited....

Inside of the envelop was this cool Deion Sanders parallel along with a congrats certificate.


The base cards were not as impressive as 1995 with the black background instead of the white. But, not bad. I did pull most of the key rookies including HOFer Marvin Harrison.


Had to showcase this cause of the photo and the fact he is a Giant.


The subset of Quarter Horse featuring popular QB's like my guy Kerry Collins, looks really nice with a four quarter (get it) colored look.


 Insert time. It seems they do the overall inserts at 1:4 packs no matter which insert you get.

Now onto one of my favorite parts of Summit just like in 1995, the parallels. These groovy looking parallels are called Ground Zero. I think putting together a set would be so cool, but would take awhile to do. Maybe something for a later on project.




Emmitt! Too bad it was a checklist though but it's still Emmitt!

When it came to my other insert pulls in the box, they were just the basic expected ones.

Inspirations was a pretty basic looking card focusing on the player who was the inspiration on it while the rest if "blued" out.


And my best pull of the box was this Turf Team insert. It's embossed and looks great. Maybe another set to chase. I just keep adding to my list.

Overall, not a bad break for the cost and definitely one I would consider again especially to chase down the inserts and parallels and fill my set.

What about your thoughts on today's break? You bust any Summit (baseball or football)? Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment