Friday, October 28, 2016

Nuttin But The Hits:2015 SA-GE Hit High Series Blaster

This has been a tough year financially when it comes to the hobby, so to break a non-buying streak, I saw a markdown blaster box of 2015 Sage Hit High Series for $11.98 with 4 autographs, I said, why not.

Hoping one of those autos would be someone at least good.



Once again, the only problem I have with the SA-GE blasters is the autographs being packed separately. It takes the fun out of busting the other packs as you know they are all base cards. I will touch more on this at a different date.

For now, let's bust open an autograph pack.

While we are at it, since this autograph checklist is so deep, let's score my box per rookie and if they are still playing or not to grade my overall box.

My first autograph was of Dee Hart. Who? Well, I had to Google him. Apparently tried out for the Dolphins and never made it.
0-1 in this box so far.
Up next, Amario Herrera, another one of those Google Search guys. He was drafted by the Colts in the 6th round in 2015. Didn't make it there and then was cut by both the Titans and Redskins.


Make that 0-2 in this box.

Steven Nelson I had to Google as well. However, he is a current KC Chief and was a third round pick. Not bad here.
We will give this one some credit, 1-3 so far.

Shane Carden is the final pull. He was signed by the Bears as an undrafted free agent. Was cut then went to Montreal Alouettes.
 
So will give this one half credit. Not the NFL, but is still playing and a cool looking card. Numbered as well.
So final rookie score, 1 1/2 out of 4. Ouch. Hopefully Carden will find his way back into the NFL, maybe even the Bears who need a QB. 

Overall, I still think $11.98 is a good deal for this. Wished I had enough to picked up the second box I saw, but, hopefully next time it will still be there.

Thoughts on my break are welcomed below!

No comments:

Post a Comment