Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Project Pedro Trade Recap Part 18:1999 Collectors Edge First Place Football Hobby Box Break

October has officially been named, Cards I Got From Project Pedro Blog Month.

I picked out this box for two reasons, one for cost and two for the autograph.

 First Place comes with 24 packs and 5 cards per pack. Boxes run around $25 so you can't go wrong.

The base set looks great in First Place. Crystal Clear photography, no border and action shots. I pulled most of the key rookies including Edge James and Donovan McNabb.

 
This is what you call a bonus. These were chop-offs I found stuck to this Duce Staley base card.
 
Does it mean the box is lucky? Well continue on...
 
Gold Ingot  (the Faulk) fall 1:1  and the Rookies like Bailey fall 1:6

 
Successors fall 1:12 . Bad call here for both players for who they were supposed to be. However, great design on the cards.

 
Future Legends fall 1:6. Got a couple of good players here.

 
Loud & Proud fall 1:12. Nailed two good ones here.

 
Adrenalyne I couldn't find odds on but these are numbered and printed on an acetate-type stock.



 
And autographs are supposed to be one-per-box on average but it seems they don't fall every box. I did pull one of someone I have never heard of. These are 1:24 packs, look nice and are on-card. But, the checklist is full of bums lol.
 
 
Overall, I feel it's worth the $25 and I was left wanting more hoping the next pack would be a top notch autograph or cool insert. I wouldn't have minded pulling a Game Gear card either featuring game used material.
 
Thoughts on today's break?

No comments:

Post a Comment