Friday, December 22, 2017

REVIEW:2017-2018 Panini Court Kings (HOT BOX WITH 2 BONUS HITS AND RARE INSERT!)

It's that time again, time for another review. This time we take it to the hard court with this years hot, hot rookie class.

We take a look at Court Kings which is one of those art based products. I busted last years product and was pretty impressed, how will this years product go, well, read on!


In every box of 2017-2018 Panini Court Kings basketball there are 10 total cards. You will find at least one insert, one box topper, one autograph and one memorabilia card per box. Boxes currently run about $70.

Like I said in my blog title, my box was a bit of a surprise with double the hits. I first open it up to find a box topper. I expected my usual base version but boom, started off the box with a surprise autograph of Ben Wallace. I had hoped for a much bigger name since many are included like Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, Damian Lillard, Kobe Bryant and Karl-Anthony Towns.
 
On cards autographs sparkle on these.

 
The base set is very bold and beautiful. Lots of vibrant colors. Look for four rookie card variations, each with unique designs and varying print runs. The base set itself is 100 veteran cards. But, then you take in another 132 rookies with the four levels and you have yourself a deep checklist with lots to chase.

Key rookies to find are, Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, De'Aaron Fox, Jayson Tatum, Lauri Markkanen, Kyle Kuzma, Bam Adebayo, Josh Jackson, Justin Jackson, Donovan Mitchell, Luke Kennard, Dennis Smith, Jr., and John Collins.

 
Base cards have parallels of Sapphire /25 and Masterpiece 1/1.
 
Now time for the inserts.
 
In the past, Court Kings has celebrated Le Cinque Piu Belle.This year, find 10 of the best players in the world in the ultra-rare Dieci Migliore. My find was Russ Westbrook. Not too shabby!! I also like the extra foil touch on the card.

 
Up next, a rookie Portraits card.

 
I was already excited up to this point. Let's see how the rest goes.
 
Art Nouveau relic card.

 
Sketches and Swatches includes take a unique black and white look with some added color. I like it.

 
And my last pull from the box, by far the biggest Panini Rewards I have seen.
 
 
Other hits not included in my box are, 

Fresh Paint Autographs,Fresh Paint Dual Autographs,Art Nouveau Jumbo Nameplate,Artistic, Endeavors Memorabilia, Artistic Endeavors Prime, Aurora (case hit insert), Blank Slate , Emerging Artists, Heir Apparent Autographs,Performance Art Jerseys, Points in the Paint and Renaissance Men.
 
OVERALL:It's really hard for me to judge this product getting a HOT BOX. Looking at my results, I was pretty happy with the product. A rare insert, 4 hits, can't do any better than that for the price. Not sure how a basic break went.
 
Looking at the product, I like the design of the hits and the base set. Not much of a fan of the inserts as they look more like the base than an insert. The rare one I pulled doesn't however due to the touch of rainbow foil. I think they needed to do more there to offset the base vs the inserts.

I guess my final opinion is, if you are a fan of art related products, the price here isn't bad and there are hot boxes to find as well with plenty of big time hits. I say give it a try!

Please take a moment out to thank Panini America for their generosity in providing this box for me to review and give some of the hits away in my Mystery Panini Contest. Follow them on all social media and visit their site, HERE, as well. If you haven't entered the contest yet, you can find it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment