Thursday, December 7, 2017

Mystery Box On The Mail Box

It may look like I had a pile of mail coming in all at once, but honestly, I am a tad behind posting these that is why they are all in a row. There was one week where I wasn't expecting a single thing and for the most part that was true.

Then came Friday when I looked out my kitchen window to see a box sitting on top of my mail box. You see where I live, if you have a mail box and don't use the post office, they pretty much stick your packages that don't fit in your mail box wherever. One day they could be on your porch, the next day your neighbors and a day after that, on top of your mail box. Unprotected from elements of course.

So I went and grabbed my package curious to see where it was from. After reading the return address and name, I knew it was a surprise package from my good friend, @Jake1725.

Inside the box was a mix of cards and non card items.

Up first, these 1993 Gameday cards that are from Mcdonalds. I miss the food/sport card combos.  These were included apart of an NFL Kickoff promo similar to today's Monopoly one with the pull off pieces to win prizes.

 
Who doesn't love a hologram? Who doesn't love a hologram with Yankees on it? This innovation needs to be brought back. You listening UD??

 
A mixed group. Love that Topps Giants Super Bowl card. Miss the days where my team wasn't such a mess.

 
A stack of Jumanji cards just in time for the new movie. Once again, it's a movie that should have never been made. Leave Jumanji alone!! Nothing beats an original and The Rock is no Robin Williams.

 
I have always wanted some of these, Jake must have read my mind. Nice addition to my 90's PC.

 
Love lenticular cards. The way this one is presented makes the effect of lenticular even cooler.

 
Steve Smith autograph rookie card. He made a big play in Super Bowl 42 that kept the drive going for the Giants win on the touchdown pass to Plaxico Burress. This card is also /25

 
I know there are so many parallels out there, so so many, but some of them look amazing. This Evan Engram card is a perfect example. My first Spectra card this year.

 
Star Wars figures. All key characters included.

 
The best player in baseball history. Yes, I will boldy say that. He also didn't cheat the game.

 
And finally, we gotta #AllRise for this magazine cover.
 
 
A big thanks goes out to @Jake1725 for being a good friend and for the surprise mail day. I wasn't expecting that at all. Speaking of surprises, you never know when a return one could happen....

Thoughts on my mail day welcomed in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment