Sunday, December 31, 2017

REVIEW:2017-2018 Panini Prizm Basketball

So far this basketball collecting season, Panini Prizm is HOT, HOT, HOT!

With a decent rookie class and a product that has very valuable popular rookie cards prices for this years products went nuts and even finding retail is pretty much impossible. Believe me, I have tried. Some are comparing this product now to the Topps Chrome basketball one where rookie base card singles are a bit nuts to try and buy.

What's in a box of this treasure, well, read on and you will see.


In every box of 2017 Panini Prizm basketball there are 12 packs of 12 cards. Each box comes with 2 autographs and multiple prizm parallels. Boxes are running $299 right now. Like I said, high as it's hot.

The Prizm base set is made up of 300 cards. There are mix of veterans


Rookies, these are my key ones. I still don't own a Ball.


Coaches.  I absolutely dig this addition.


As I stated above, there are many, many parallels to find in a box of Prizm.
These are base Prizms. I lucked out with a base parallel of Dennis Smith Jr here.


There are plenty of color ones including, Purple /75,
 

Ruby Wave,


Nice Kuzma here


Blue /199,


Love the look of these. Blue Ice /99,
 
Other parallels include, Green, Hyper, Red/White/Blue, White Sparkle, Orange /49,Pink Pulsar /42, Green Pulsar /25, Mojo /25, Red Pulsar /25, Gold /10, Red Shimmer /8, and Black 1/1.

Along with prizm parallels, you will find yourself also flooded in inserts that have parallels as well.

Here is Fundamentals. These have prizm parallels as well and they are included at the bottom of the picture. Those include, Silver, Fast Break, Green, Hyper, Mojo /25, Gold /10, Red Shimmer /8 and Black 1/1.


Get Hyped. Cool angle of players getting the crowd into the game. These have parallels as well. Those include, Silver, Fast Break, Green, Hyper, Mojo /25, Gold /10, Red Shimmer /8 and Black 1/1.


Emergent. Top rookies featured. These like the rest have parallels. Those include, Silver, Fast Break, Green, Hyper, Mojo /25, Gold /10, Red Shimmer /8 and Black 1/1.


Now onto the hits.

Panini points, 250. Ugh.


Steven Adams auto. Double ugh.
 
Other hits I didn't pull in my box but can be found are, Signatures Set, Sensational Signatures,Luck of the Lottery, Sensational Swatches and Rookie Signatures.
OVERALL: My autographs were a bummer, but the rookies that I pulled and parallels I found of those rookies should help in value of this box. Not sure if it evens out or exceeds it yet, but it could if the top rookies continue to play they way they have and there isn't really a lot of this product to go around.
Would I personally buy a box at this price, no. I would wait and hope the prices drop or buy into a box break or buy singles of players I want. As with any product, there are no guarantees and this one is a bit of a gamble because you are banking on the two autographs and the rookie parallels if you find any.

As a product, I like it. I have always been a fan of Prizm and it's multiple parallels. Sometimes I struggle telling the difference between them, but I usually figure it out. As with past products its based on the outside border color.. This years coaching additions is a welcomed find to the checklist. I wished they would do that with football. I can't remember the last time I saw football coaches in a product and I am not talking about a select few like they were in Contenders.
Please take a moment out to thank Panini America for their generosity in providing this box for me to review and give some of the hits away in my Mystery Panini Contest. Follow them on all social media and visit their site, HERE, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment