Thursday, August 19, 2021

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2020-2021 Donruss Clearly Basketball (NICE BOX BREAK!)

A few years ago, collectors-especially those of us from the 90's-made it very CLEAR when Panini brought back acetate cards they were on board and wanted more.

Which is why Panini went full force and made a few products CLEARLY full of acetate.

Today's box break was one of those. Let's take a look at some Donruss Clearly basketball.

In every box of 2020-2021 Donruss Clearly basketball comes with 4 packs of 5 cards each. Each box is $170 roughly. Seems cheap for these times. Boxes come with 3 parallels and 1 insert, no guarantees on autographs.

BASE:
The base set is a clear version of the Donruss design. Pretty simple, but pretty cool.


100 cards makes up the base set.

50 veterans


And 50 Rated rookies make up the base set.

PARALLELS:
The following parallels make up Clearly Authentic, Gold, Purple, Holo Mosaic, Blue /99, Red /49, Green /25, Holo Silver /10, Holo Gold /5, and Holo Platinum 1/1.
Tobias Harris is a Purple

Bradley Beal Gold


INSERTS:
Usually I don't get too excited about inserts anymore, but I nailed the inserts in this break.

Zero Gravity pull, couldn't have asked for a better insert pull out of the 10 card insert set.

My House! Red parallel as well /49 of one of the young greats in the league in Luka. 10 cards in this set.

HITS
Hey look, I pulled an autograph!!
 
Autographs don't appear to fall one-per-box, so I am guessing one in three or maybe one in two boxes.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I really enjoyed this break as I am one of those passionate about my acetate cards. Would be a fun set build I think.

As for the value of this break, that came from my inserts. The inserts in the product are worth more than you think they would be. I am guessing it's because its harder to pull hits and hard to land to pull inserts as well as they only fall one per but I got lucky with two.

No comments:

Post a Comment