Friday, August 13, 2021

REVIEW:2021 Topps Allen and Ginter

Okay, okay, okay. I expect all of the hate to flow in on this one, but to be honest, that just means there is more for me. Give me all of your Allen and Ginter!

This product isn't about the baseball cards to me, this is about the oddity stuff.

It's about the non sport guys for me. The quirky inserts. The sometimes wacky base cards such as Egg, etc.

And for me, 2021 didn't disappoint in that nature.

In every 2021 Allen And Ginter is 24 packs of 8 cards. Each box has three hits and 24 mini parallels and boxes currently run $150.

Also inside of every box is a N43 Boxloader

And this was mine.

Can't say I was an overly huge fan of the box topper or design of it. I think a chromed box topper is much more interesting.

BASE:
The base set for Allen Ginter this year is built up of 300 cards and 50 short prints.

Players include legends of the game

Players of the future

and players of now.


And of course my favorite part of Allen Ginter,

The non sport guys. I was happy to find two (Biggs and Garlin) of the four I really wanted. Still need a Kevin Nehgandi and especially a Mark Anthony. Have one? Let me know!

This years also added some extra football guys which I believe started last year. I do find it odd for football to be included. This to me is a baseball/non sport/oddity product. I am not going to complain when you find young guys like Lawrence and Waddle. I would prefer a Topps football product in general though :) I miss those days and especially Topps Chrome.

And to end out my talk about the base, this card is just cool. Definitely a PC card.

INSERTS:
 
T51 Murad Reimagined has 50 cards to collect at 1:4 packs

Rallying Back has 10 cards to collect and falls 1:8 packs

Deep Sea Shiver has 16 cards to collect that falls 1:8 packs

Historic Hits falls 1:4 packs and has 50 cards to collect

Birds Of A Feather falls 1:8 packs and has 10 cards to collect

Arboreal Appreciation has 15 cards in the set that falls 1:8 packs.

Far Far Away mini insert falls 1:10 packs and has 15 cards to collect

World Leaders has 25 cards to collect and falls 1:50. One of the tougher minis to pull.

22 cards make up Mascots in Real Life and falls 1:50 cards.

Base mini cards fall 1 per pack

Allen Ginter back falls 1:5 packs

Black Border falls 1:10 packs

HITS:
I have never had much luck in finding more than relic cards in Ginter. I have NEVER EVER EVER PULLED a RIP card, that's a dream for me. And rarely ever have pulled an autograph.

Here are my hits this time which also includes a football one, 


(this is cool, material must be an suit?)

That's it for my hits. I wished I had pulled something non sport for them. Really want a Marc Anthony, Jason Biggs and a Jeff Garlin relic and auto.

Leave me your thoughts on this break below!

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Ginter's price tag isn't really that bad considering other products on the market that promise three hits per. There are a lot of big hits to find including baseball and non sport.

I hope everyone keeps me in mind if they find any of the cards I am seeking out or even dupes of the non sport I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment