Sunday, August 8, 2021

Rodney's Cardboard:1995 Skybox Premium Paydirt Purple Parallel

It's another Sunday which means another Sunday of Rodney Hampton. It also means....ONE SUNDAY CLOSER TO GIANTS FOOTBALL!!!

I have had a bit of a theme going on recently when it comes to rainbows of Rodney Hampton and being able to complete them.

Today, here is another completed one, well, a card that finishes one up, I don't plan to reveal the full photo yet as I will save that for another Sunday.

1995 Skybox Premium offered one of the coolest inserts when I was a kid, known as Paydirt. So cool that I build the entire 30 card base set.

But, my really want was the RARE colors parallels. The color parallels were known to have produced less than 5% of the production run, so they are not easy to find especially with 4 of them to search for in Red, Blue, Green and Purple and thanks to @CardpocalypseNC I was able to add the final piece.

 
Backs were all the same for each of the cards in the set, I kind of wished the colored parallels had been numbered, but that may have made them harder to chase. So I am good I guess as they are since these were hard enough to chase. I am also not sure if some colors are more rare than others. I just know I have really ever only seen one of each Rodney except the gold which is the base.

I will post the full rainbow in another episode. For now, soak this one in as I am proud to finally have this done.

Have a blessed Sunday, Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment