Monday, October 28, 2019

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2019 Topps Triple Threads

As I am typing this, the Nationals lead the Astros 2-1 in the World Series. I can't believe that but it's what I want. First time winners is where it's at after the team you wanted to win gets out and the other teams you dislike are already out as well.

Just hoping the Nationals keep it rolling like Topps and their late season releases.

The latest release is one of my favorites, despite my past no success with the product. I just like the cards themselves.

Let's take a look at how I did in a box of 2019 Topps Triple Threads

In every master box of 2019 Topps Triple Threads, there are two mini boxes. Each mini box has it's own version.

Mini Box Version 1
  • 1 Autograph Jumbo Relic or Rookie Autograph (/99 or less)
  • 1 Triple Relic (/36 or less)
  • 3 Base Cards
  • 2 Base Parallel Cards
Mini Box Version 2
  • 1 Autograph Triple Relic (/99 or less)
  • 1 Jumbo Relic (/36 or less)
  • 3 Base Cards
  • 2 Base Parallel Cards
Full master boxes currently run around $210

BASE CARDS: 

The base set is built up of 100 cards of veterans

And legends. No not hit rookies are found in the base set which is a tad disappointing for me. The cards have a very simple but elegant design with extremely thick card. The foil on the card has a rainbow touch to it. I like it and would expect it to be this way for a high end product.
 
PARALLELS

Here is an overall look at the parallels,
Amethyst /299, Emerald /259, Amber /199, Gold /99, Citrine /75, Onyx /50, Sapphire /25, Ruby 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.

Amethyst /299

Amber /199

Gold /99

Sapphire /25, I like the look of this one!

HITS
 Triple Threads relic /27

 Single relic Gold /9

Base Rookie and Future Phenom autograph relic.

 Autograph single jumbo relic emerald parallel /50

OTHER HITS NOT FOUND IN MY BOX INCLUDE,
  • Rookie Autographs Checklist
  • Triple Threads Autograph Relic
  • Triple Threads Autograph Relic Combo
  • 150 Years of Baseball Triple Autograph Relic
  • Pieces of the Game Autograph Relic
  • Jumbo Plus Autograph Relic Book
  • Letter Plus Autograph Relic Book
  • Windows into Greatness Autograph Relic Book
  • Deca Autograph Relic Book
  • Deca Autographed Relic Combo
  • Cut Above Cut Signatur
  • Dual Cut Above Autograph Book
  • Triple Threads Relics Legend
  • Triple Threads Relics Combo
  • 150 Years of Baseball Triple Relic
  • Pieces of the Game Relics
  • Windows into Greatness Relic Book
  • All-Star Patches Set
  • All-Star Jumbo ASG Patch Book
  • All-Star Jumbo ASG Patch Book
  • All-Star Laundry Tag Book
  • All-Star Majestic Logo Patch
  • Bat Nameplate Book
  • Bat Knob Book
  • Jumbo Plus Relic Book
  • Letter Plus Relic Book
  • Jumbo Letter/Number/Logo Book
  • Jumbo Letter/Number/Logo Book
  • Deca Relic Combo Book
Other checklist information can be found HERE.
 
NPN info and odds

OVERALL THOUGHTS: High end products are tough on me. They look great, but my hits are never superb. And it's not like you can expect one Mike Trout autograph per box or a 1/1 logo patch, it's not how the hobby works. Every part of it is a gamble and this is just a higher one. 

For me personally, I wouldn't ever take a gamble on a box even though it was fun to rip. I am just not a risk taker.The product and its hits though can be amazing as I have seen some of them.

If you want in on a box break without paying box prices, I suggest Midwest Box Breaks as they pull fire as they already did with Triple Threads.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to add more cards to a future giveaway I will be hosting. Please follow me there to enter @SportCardCollec. Also follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well 

No comments:

Post a Comment