Friday, October 4, 2019

Episode 4:Kerry Collins Makes A Visit

There was a lot of excitement for me when Kerry Collins was drafted in 1995. First, he was one of the top rookies of the draft everyone wanted to collect. Secondly, he was playing for a cool new expansion team and last, for some reason he just caught on with me even with me being a Giants fan.

Collins came out with average rookie numbers with 2, 717 yards, 14 TD's and 19 ints. Rookies always have the high interception ratio. His second year was better and actually so much better that he led the Panthers to the NFC Championship game. I was beyond stoked for that one. But, Green Bay walloped them in that game sadly.. It was also cool to see the other expansion team from 1995 make it to the AFC Championship game as well, but more on that another time.

So let's check out some of the 90's cards I got from @card_a_holic for Collins in my big mail day.

Card that feels like a real football? Sign me up!

One of my favorite all time sets I own. I don't mind adding dupes of these

The good ole days of Stadium Club football. Sigh.

Playoff Illusions was one great looking set, came with some spectacular inserts too

Haven 't seen one of these yet, pretty cool.

#mood

Didn't have this rookie of Kerry Collins so was a new addition there.

Sadly on this card there was really only one star.

Yes! It was definitely a season to remember

This was a one and done product, I liked it but was hard to keep them mint with the black on the card

Run!

Have I mentioned yet that Collins ended up on my Giants?! Yes sir! He also led them to the first Super Bowl I got to watch with the Giants in it and also to a huge 41-0 win over the Vikings in the NFC Championship game I will never forget.

Great looking set and even more fun parallels

Same goes with this one

Can I say another great set with every card? Yep I have no problem with that.


Trying to build this acetate set I remember busting in 1996. This is the start to it


Kerry wasn't messing around

Once again, another set I am chasing. How cool are these??


And two cards from 1997 Pinnacle Inscriptions and you guessed it, another set chase.

Thanks goes out to Brian for the Collins PC adds. I should go back and see where my PC of his stands now and maybe print off a checklist.

More cards to show from this mail day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment