Friday, January 22, 2021

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2020 Stadium Club Chrome Baseball (A SUPER SURPRISE)

2020 Stadium Club Chrome is a new, but old product, as it was in the 90's for a very short period. It appears they are finally understanding collectors love of chromed items as they have now in 2020 put chrome on Stadium Club, Allen and Ginter (really wanted to open some of this) and even came out with a second round of Topps Chrome and called it Topps Chrome Black.

I guess if chroming things works, stick with it!
Every hobby box of 2020 Stadium Club Chrome baseball comes with 14 packs per box with 6 cards per pack. Each box also comes with one autograph and boxes currently are running $135 each.

BASE:
The base card design is the same as Stadium Club except it has a nice layer of chrome on it. Up close, these look superb when you have that photography and open non border design as well. I actually liked it more than Topps Chrome which says a lot for me who is a die-hard "chromie". It's like a groupie but for Topps Chrome.

The base set is a pretty big sized one at 400 cards, which is really large for any chrome products and includes veterans, legends like Wagner above
And Al Kaline,

Randy Johnson

And the Key rookies like Randy Arozarena.

PARALLELS:

When I saw another chrome product, I expected a year long list of parallels like all the other products. The good news is, there isn't a lot of parallels to seek out. You can find Base Refractor, X-Fractor, Wave, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, and SuperFractor 1/1.

 
My base refractor pulls. The cards look great alone but with refractor power its ups the ante

Orange refractor. Took me the longest time to figure this out. The refractor part isn't what is orange, it's in the Stadium Club Chrome name that gives it away. This is /25.

And for the first time in my collecting career.....
 
Can't see it on the front that well unless your vision is awesome....

but I pulled my first EVER SUPERFRACTOR!!!!! This is only the second SuperFractor I have. You better believe I screamed like a little girl getting a pony. I do wished though it was more aimed towards my collecting but I still plan to chase the rainbow regardless. Because once you have the 1/1 nailed, it only gets easier from there I have been told.

INSERTS
Inserts have the following parallels to search for in Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, and SuperFractor 1/1.

Emperors Of The Zone has 25 cards in the set and has all of the top pitchers in the game.

And the always exciting and included Beam Team. These fall 1:4 packs and have 25 players to collect.

 
And finally, Power Zone. There are 25 of these to collect as well.

HITS:

 
I only know this name because of my buddy Jake but Mauricio Dubon is my autograph. Not a household name...yet.

The autographs are on-card at least and the checklist is a mix of players both top notch and not so much. There are parallels of Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, and SuperFractor 1/1 to find as well.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This was a solid box break. Can't guarantee that every box will be this good as I have seen some exciting breaks and some hide the box from your wife ones.

The super was really exciting but I really enjoyed this break. Stadium Club Chrome I hope continues to be a yearly release. I definitely want more!

Speaking of wanting more, there are a few cards I am specifically looking for in the product I may need help landing,
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Refractor Ken Griffey Jr
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome X-Factor Ken Griffey Jr
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome base Ken Griffey Jr
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Inserts Ken Griffey Jr
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome base Derek Jeter 
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Refractor Derek Jeter
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Kyle Schwarber
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Refractor Kyle Schwarber
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome X-Factor Kyle Schwarber
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Orange Refractor Kyle Schwarber
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Wave Refractor Kyle Schwarber
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Gold Refractor Kyle Schwarber
  • 2020 Stadium Club Chrome Red Refractor Kyle Schwarber
RATINGS BASED ON THIS BOX BREAK
Design ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Inserts ⭐⭐⭐
Parallels ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hits ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Value ⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment