Friday, January 8, 2021

Talkin' Toys:1993 Orion 8" Talking RoboCop

It was a dark and stormy night...really it was...my wife and I were just getting into bed for the night when she got a Facebook message from her friend asking if we would be interested in checking out an old foreclosed on Daycare that her son had bought to rent out. 

She had sent pictures of the inside and it appeared the Daycare was filled to the brim with toys, books and other typical items that a Daycare would have. I think she knew how much my wife enjoys books and didn't realize how much I wanted to see what toy treasures could be lurking within.

So the next day we took the ten minute trip and checked it all out. There was so, so much stuff to dig and dig and dig through that it took a good couple of hours just to make sure nothing was missed.

I turned over every box, checked every nook and cranny and scored some pretty sweet items.

Over time this year I will reveal the items in this new series called Talkin' Toys. I hope it will take you down that nostalgic road it took me.

Today's toy wasn't really a big part of my childhood. I wasn't really a huge RoboCop kind of guy but had seen the movies and some of the cartoon series.

Back in 1993, Toy Island released a talking figure to tie in with the RoboCop 3 movie from my research. 
.
This figure features a detachable weapon arm, piece was missing, and has a few phrases which I cannot make out with this one as it turns on and off at surprising times. I assume its from a lot of play from the Daycare.

The back of the cop where a flight pack once was from my understanding. I think I can see the three slots where it may have been attached to him.

I added this piece for less than a $1 and it appears they sell anywhere between $3-$20 depending on condition and what accessories are there.

There is plenty more to show off from my pickups which include some items I have waited awhile to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment