Thursday, August 8, 2019

Let's Talk About Sets Volume 17

Let's talk about sets baby
Let's talk about it with me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sets (1995)
Let's talk about sets (Summitt)
Let's talk about sets (Uh huh)
Let's talk about sets....

1991 song by Salt-N-Pepa was about a much different topic than I am turning it into. You see, I am staying on topic with cards. Not,well, what they were talking about. This newest segment about the 90's will focus on my set chases (the ones I have already used for a Origins Post or don't plan on using) and new additions to them along with updates on how far I have gotten.

It's time for us to sit down and have that discussion between your parents and you that you tried to avoid. You know, that conversation you have with them about the Flairs and the Pinnacles. Kids, it's time to Talk About Sets.

Today's sets talk is from my trade with @card_a_holic who I said caught my attention from having set needs for me.

So let's check out the sauciness today.

In 1995, Skybox Impact had these all foil Impact Power inserts that fell 1:3 packs. The first 10 cards of the 30 card set are defense while the last 20 cover the offense. Thanks to Brian I was able to knock a good handful down.

Steve Young

Jerry Rice

Bruce Smith

Emmitt Smith

John Elway

And Deion!

I now have 11 of the 30 so a mountain to climb on this set still but today's star power was a huge help towards my goal.

More sets to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment