Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Let's Talk About Sets Volume 19

Let's talk about sets babyLet's talk about it with me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sets (1995)
Let's talk about sets (Summitt)
Let's talk about sets (Uh huh)
Let's talk about sets....

1991 song by Salt-N-Pepa was about a much different topic than I am turning it into. You see, I am staying on topic with cards. Not,well, what they were talking about. This newest segment about the 90's will focus on my set chases (the ones I have already used for a Origins Post or don't plan on using) and new additions to them along with updates on how far I have gotten.

It's time for us to sit down and have that discussion between your parents and you that you tried to avoid. You know, that conversation you have with them about the Flairs and the Pinnacles. Kids, it's time to Talk About Sets.

Today's sets talk is from my trade with @card_a_holic who I said caught my attention from having set needs for me.

So let's check out the sauciness today.

A mix of two different sets I needed help with.

1995 Fleer Aerial Assault was a great looking set. With most Fleer inserts falling 1 per pack back then, these on the other hand fell one per box. I bought TONS of 1995 Fleer and only ever pulled one with Sterling Sharpe.

Now I have a Tim Brown which is now two out six.

Then came 1995 Fleer Ultra which had the best one per pack parallels you could ever ask for. Gold Medallions completely covered the card in gold foil. But, with two series to collect, there are a lot of card needs here. Brian helped with a few.

Shannon Sharpe

Randy Simmons

Junior Seau

Well, this marks the end of the trade. A big thanks goes out for all of the set help. Hope we can do this again Brian!

More Sets Talk ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment