Monday, January 10, 2022

Saying Goodbye

As I sit here and refresh my news feed waiting on NY Giants coaching news today, which by the way I am all about firing Joe Judge, I begin to think about a few players I could be saying goodbye to when the NFL season officially ends.

Guys like Evan Engram, (possibly) Saquon Barkley, (possibly) Daniel Jones and Sterling Shepard may not be returning next year. These were core Giants players for a few years, and I enjoyed watching them. Yes, even Engram with his game winning drops.

One of the guys I always had a soft spot for was Sterling Shepard. He always seemed like a team guy, but never quite got a lot of throws his way. He did have some big games and started out this season looking like the number one guy, but injuries have been throughout his career and set him back a lot. As much as I wanted to see him succeed in blue, I know after this season full of injuries he won't be back next year or maybe not at all in the NFL.

So today, I wanted to say goodbye by showing off my latest addition to my Sterling Shepard PC thanks to a Christmas gift from legendary blogger Wes.

A 2016, rookie year, autograph booklet from Panini Playbook.

 
Inside of the booklet features a jersey swatch along with an autograph on-card autograph on some acetate.

Thanks goes out to Wes for the card.

I also want to thank Shepard for his time with the Giants if this was it as expected.

As for saying goodbye to coaches and the GM, I just refreshed my phone and still no information on it. I just can't see the owners justifying keeping either guy around. The team was the worst in the league.

Thoughts on my mail day welcomed below or any memories of Sterling Shepard.

No comments:

Post a Comment