Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

It's 2020 folks, will Thanksgiving be more like Halloween and should we be aware of a zombie turkey that will attack us in our sleep, stuffing that will explode when your pour gravy over it or potatoes that won't mash, a pumpkin pie that is actually mincemeat pie or will there be any form of normal for this holiday?

I would say with this year, you just never know.

I know for myself, the holiday won't be the same. The usual family gathering thanks to good ole foe Covid won't be happening with family afar in Boston and Nashville. I am also this years Thanksgiving host for the first time in over 10 years and just doing an inner family celebration.

Just because things have been rough, it doesn't mean there isn't plenty to be thankful for.

First off, I want to thank you today for coming to read today's post. I am thankful to have readers such as you to take time out to read my ramblings.

Secondly, I have all of this to be thankful for,
  • I am thankful first of all for a loving and caring God.
  • I am also thankful for my wife and family
  • I am thankful for having food on the table and a roof over my head.
  • I am thankful this year for my health which up to this point has stayed par.
  • I am thankful for this blog that gives me an outlet to share my hobby since I don't have collectors nearby.
  • I am definitely thankful I haven't caught Covid.
  • I am thankful for the great people over at Burbank Sportscards. Which by the way you can save 10% on your orders at their Beckett Marketplace store by using code 15Burbank.
  • I am thankful for great hobby friends both in the blogging world and on Twitter. I am thankful for you all, don't take it the wrong way that I am about to point some out, as I am thankful for you all once again. But, I am extra thankful for great friends like Wes, Grady M, Stephen Furlong, @90sNicheFBCard, @CardpocalypseNC, and @ShaneSalmonson who have helped me in many ways and hopefully know I got their back as well.
  • I am just thankful for life and waking up each day is a blessing in itself. I love life.
Third, I am thankful for like Julie who lets me pick their pockets. Hope that didn't come out wrong.

In my latest claims from Julies pockets that are always full of variety I hit up a bunch of different collections,
90's inserts

Kellogs 3D cards that I just can't say no to now

90's parallels

90's die cuts

Great looking cards

Non Sport

"Rookie Cards"

If there had been some NY Giants cards there I would have tackled almost everything I collect. So thanks again Julie for allowing me to pick your pockets. If you haven't checked out Julie's blog, A Cracked Bat: Baseball Cards and a Hot Dog I suggest you do so! Fun name and blog.

I hope everyone is thankful for that last part even in the lesser than great days. Everyday is a blessing to be alive and it's best to be a blessing to someone else today. They will be thankful for it, I promise. Even if it's simply just saying hi or a simple smile. We can use even the simplest of blessings in a year like this.

Sending my wishes that everyone who reads this has a Happy Thanksgiving, eat food til you can't move, watch football, and make moments happen. Enjoy your day and if you are thankful for something, let me know in the comments. I look forward to reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment