Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Let's Talk About Sets Volume 47: Man 2 Man

Let's have a talk about sets, Man 2 Man.

Back in 1995 Sportflix released an insert set called Man 2 Man that fell roughly 1:8 packs. At the time, I pulled the Dan Marino/Troy Aikman version which had a book value of $25 and was one of the biggest cards in my collection.

Since then, we know the story of how values fell, and I am simply looking just to chase the set down and every year find myself inching ever so closely to doing so.


With these 2 new adds from Burbank Sportscards Beckett Marketplace (also saved 10% by using code 15Burbank), I am only 4 away from having the set.

The lentincular appeal is what catches my eye. It has a 3D look to it as opposed to other Sportflix cards that move when you flip them, these do not. Which makes them stand out.

I hope to complete this set by years end but have a lot of set updating on here before doing so. 

There will be other posts coming up soon in this series as I can't get enough sets.

As I always say, the more sets, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment