Saturday, August 16, 2014

Baseball Card Yard Sale Find Part 1:Cool Odds And Ends

Well, this is just the kickoff to what is one of many posts of me breaking down what I got at the Yard Sale that I posted about recently. I thought I would kick it off with the freebies they threw into the stack I bought.  When they said they were unloading their basement, they weren't kidding!

If you don't remember these, they are 1997 Topps Screenplays. Inside of the tin is a motion-moving card when tipped. Watch a favorite play from the player shown on the tin. This one had the card within still of Paul Molitor.


Next up are three EMPTY tins from Donruss Preffered that serve both a purpose of having packs within and as a collectible. I didn't have these guys.

Then came a game from Classic from 1989 containing a Ken Griffey Jr rookie card. Which is a new one for the PC. So now I am up to 407 different ones.


Then finally, we started a discussion about how people used to use cards on their bicycle spikes and how some parents threw their kids cards away. We started to discuss Mickey Mantle and then they told me they had a Mantle cardboard poster that I could have. I thought this was a really sweet piece for man-cave:
I was pretty happy to have bought what I did, but to have these sweet items as freebie bonuses, it made the deal even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment