Monday, August 11, 2014

Jumbo Pack Attack! 2014 Topps Series 1. Nice!

With my recent dry run of not being able to open anything, I had to find a way to rip something. Plug in my mother-in-law who was taking a trip to Walmart and me asking very nicely if she could pick me up any pack of sport cards. A couple of hours later, she brought back this:
I was pretty stoked. I couldn't wait to open something and smell that freshly packed wax again. I gave my mother-in-law a huge thank you and she left leaving me to open the pack of cards immediately. I think she had pretty good luck with this pack with a little simmer of boom. Let me know what you think by reading on.

Let's start with the base cards, here was the key one of them all. Despite it being my third one of this card overall this year, I feel you can never get enough Jeter.

My rookie cards from the pack:

My inserts/parallels:


Gold parallel numbered to 2014:

Then the sprinkle of boom from the pack...Dustin Pedroia Photo Variation:
Overall, I thought this was a great break. The sell to me was pulling the photo variation despite it being a Red Sox player. I have bought my fair share of Topps this year and have yet to pull one of them or a sparkle variation. It's always a greater feeling when you beat the odds and hit something retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment