Saturday, August 2, 2014

Set Collectors Still Live! (at least I do) PT 1 of 2

Hi, I like to sport card blog and collect sports card. I also have something else to admit, I like to set collect.

Set collecting seems like a thing of the past to most. Some may not even have heard of such a thing in the new generation of collectors. But, I still know what it is. I spend countless hours rummaging through my finds and buys and try my best to complete the set. Some are more fun to try and complete than others, but I still have fun sorting it all out in hopes I have pulled off a set.

This week, I was sorting through about 600 2014 Score base cards to try and put a set together. As you can see, I am very precise on how I do this. I sort them it into piles of 100's, 200's, 300's (or more if the product is bigger). Those then get broken down into piles of 10's, 20's, 30's and so on for every big pile of 100's. I then sort them by number tossing the doubles to the side.

Here was the aftermath after an hour of putting these by number. On the right, is my set so far and on my left is a hefty load of doubles.
After sorting these, I went back through my "so far" set pile and found some numbers I was missing and wrote them down. I almost have the set except roughly twenty cards. I may have to go and search Jammin JDcards who just listed a bunch of singles for my missing numbers.

So even though I don't see much set collecting around anymore, I wanted to let you all know that it still does exist. Just look above at my pictures. WE SET COLLECTORS ARE ALIVE! And I think we always will be, though far and few in-between, as long as companies continue to produce base sets worth collecting.

Part 2 of this series, the finale of it, I will show you my favorite all-time set I put together. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment