Saturday, July 10, 2021

Breakin' Wax:2020 Panini Prizm Football Hanger Pack

All the cool guys break Panini Prizm. (picture me in sunglasses, leather coat and a toothpick in mouth while I post this)

But, this year because of what I call Pandemic Collecting, Panini Prizm wasn't easily available out there for the average collector like you and I. Yes, I am assuming if you are reading this you are a true collector and not a flipper.

I have been fortunate to have been able to open a few packs this year thanks to friends and traders. Otherwise, it would have been a no-go as my Walmart had zip on Prizm. I still think the vendor there is backdooring some of the items but I have no way to prove it as I am never there when they stock. It's just very odd not to see any or hear of anyone finding any.
Each of these 2020 Panini Prizm football hanger packs came with 15 cards. There is one pack of 12 cards and a 3 card bonus pack of Red, White and Blue parallels. They should have been going for normal price ($15?) but were selling for upwards of $50.

So if I had spent the $50, let's see what I would have scored.
First nine cards highlighted by Sterling Shepard.

The one rookie you bank on in the pack. I have no idea who this is.

Emergent Cam Akers. He started to emerge as the season went on.

Pretty slick Tyler Lockett Green Prizm parallel

There was the 12 cards in the pack. Not much in that pack to brag about.

Now onto the Red, White and Blue pack.


 
Ouch.

Not much to brag about in this pack. A few PC cards but the rest will be available for trade.

I am definitely glad I didn't pay for this pack and it should be a lesson taught to you, the readers, on why I wouldn't suggest overpaying flippers for stuff like this. Just be patient and wait it out til these prices drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment