Thursday, July 22, 2021

Shiny Dave

When scrolling through NY Giants cards on Burbank Sportcards recently, I came to a realization that my Giants collection had a big gap in it and I had no idea how.....the late 90's could be it!

The late 90's, which I consider 1995-1999, is my favorite collecting era of all-time and I couldn't believe my lack of NY Giants cardboard in that era.

In order to fill in gaps, I was thinking about searching for cheaper players first. For a very low budget collector, it seemed to be the most obvious thing to do.

The first Giant that came to mind from that era, was Giants QB Dave Brown. So I went Dave Brown hunting and came across a few cards I snagged. Two of which I will save for other days.

Today, I thought I would show off a shiny beauty in a 1997 Topps Chrome refractor.
 
The Topps Chrome refractors in 1997 fell 1:12 packs which equals out to only 2 per box. Much different than todays where you get tons.

  
The back side of the card shows stats and a long write up. It also includes the R standing for refractor next to the card number at the bottom.

I was able to add this card and the others cheap at Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace where I saved 10% by using code 15Burbank at checkout.

The other two Dave Brown snags will be shown off in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment