Monday, July 5, 2021

Cardboard Review:2021 Stadium Club Baseball Hobby Box

When it comes to the hobby, I can't list many products that get me excited enough to countdown to, but there are some.

One of those products, I know I am not alone on.

That product, Stadium Club.

It's the one product that you whisper it's name and it gives you goosebumps and makes your hair stand up on your arm.

Why do collectors seek this product out so much? Is it the hits? Is it the checklist? No, no, and the next question was a no before I even asked it. Let's see why collectors dig this product so much.

Every hobby box of 2021 Stadium Club baseball comes with 16 packs per box with 8 cards per pack. Each box has 2 autographs, a box topper and is around $120 per.

After opening up the box, your box topper is just there.

Certain players also offer up autograph versions of this card that are all numbered to 10.

BASE
Well, it didn't take me too long to get right to the answer of the burning question above on why collectors flock to Stadium Club. Believe it or not, it's the base cards.

NO OTHER, I mean no other product offers the kind of photography Stadium Club does and has for many years.

Here are a few of my favorites from this box break,





The base set overall has 300 cards and is built up of veterans, legends and rookies.

Parallels
Stadium Club offers the following parallels,
Red Foil, Black Foil, Sepia, Black & White, Blue Foil /50, 30 Years (30 copies), Rainbow Foilboard \/25, First Day Issue (10 copies), Members Only (1 per case), Photographer’s Proof , and Gold Rainbow Foil 1/1.

Red Foils fall 1:3 packs

Black Foil falls 1:8 packs

30 Years, which I missed in the break the first time, fall 1:199 packs.

And with most products, there are Sp's and Variations. These are tough pulls falling at 1:179 and I found this design variation of Ichiro in this break.

INSERTS
 
Stadium Club Chromes fall One-Per-Box and I found myself a nice one in Tatis. I know you guys don't want to hear this, but I sure hope Topps brings this back as a full time set again. Taking everything Stadium Club has to offer and chroming it looks amazing.

These also come with parallels,
Refractor, Orange /99, Pearl White /30, Gold Minted and SuperFractor 1/1.


Stadium Club Greats revisit old Stadium Club designs. These fall 1:8 packs and have 25 cards to collect in the set.

Super Star Duos falls 1:16 packs and has a player on the front and back. This one features Paul Goldschmidt on the back. This one features 15 cards in the set.

Virtual Reality falls 1:8 packs and have 25 cards in the set to collect.

HITS
There are on card autograph offerings in Stadium Club with a mix of Veterans, Legends and lots of rookies.

I pulled two rookie autographs in mine,

Not terrible, not great but at least no pitcher autos!

HITS
Stadium Club isn't about the hits, it's about the photography and the nostalgia as well. This years version is loaded with it especially with the throwback designs.

There are a ton of great photos as well that I didn't even post because it would have taken up the entire post to do so.

In comments, let me know your thoughts on Stadium Club whether it be past or present.

No comments:

Post a Comment