Sunday, July 11, 2021

Rodney's Cardboard:1996 Topps Cyber Card

Today marks the day I will be on vacation. It's not a far away vacation to some exotic place or some place where I will be near an LCS, but it's still a much needed getaway with the family.

Two years ago, my sister-in-law from Mass rented a camp thirty minutes from my house on a lake and it was just nice to not be home for normal daily life. Last year, we had to cancel the plans to go back due to Covid. This year, not only is my sister-in-law is coming, but family from Nashville I hadn't seen since Christmas 2019 are coming as well. So I expect to have a busy week ahead, though I did bring my laptop for the downtime just in case I get inspired to do an extra post on one of my three blogs.

Though I don't swim, the calmness of the camp and lake is all you need. And even though I don't swim in water, I have recently been swimming in Rodney cards. I have had a few mail days recently that came with some cool/unique/rare Rodney's that should cover me until football season for this weekly segment.

Today's card is a new one and one from my recent trade with @CardpocalypseNC.

Topps Cyber Card released in 1996 long before the Upper Deck version. It's exactly as it says, a CD-Rom trading card. This one is still sealed and will probably stay that way as long as I own it
.
Despite some of the features such as make your own card really tempt me to open this. But, I won't, as my OCD will let me hear it in the end.

Big thanks to Tim for the help on acquiring this Hampton. It's the only one of his I have seen listed.

I wished I had more details on print run of these or any other tidbits about the item but I don't see much upon some research.

Thanks for coming by for today's Rodney's Cardboard and hope you have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment