Thursday, September 2, 2021

Appreciating Basketball Cards More

Since the pandemic, I am finding myself appreciating basketball cards more.

Whether its ones I already have, ones I get to open or ones I trade for, the joy of basketball card collecting again is coming back strong.

In the last year, I have found myself starting up some small player PC's. Those consisted of RJ Barrett, Allan Houston, Immanuel Quickley, and Obi Toppin. Nothing too big or crazy, just a fun side PC.

Those small PC's go along with my main basketball one, which is one I have for all sports in 90's inserts.

In my latest trade with blog reader Oren, he traded me some.
Such as this 1:20 odds, 1998-1999 Fleer Tradition Great Expectations of Grant Hill. I always feel that Hill doesn't get a lot of hobby appreciation.

Ron Mercer Spotlight from Skybox Zforce

This 1996-1997 NBA Hoops Hot List of Reggie Miller falls 1:48 packs and looks spectacular on acetate.

This Starting Five also is found in 1996-1997 NBA Hoops and falls 1:12 packs.

Upper Deck Team...well this one is just Mates. Need the Anthony Mason to pair with it to spell out the word.

Rock Stars die cut of Mutombo from 1997-1998 Topps Chrome.

Unlike Trix, Collectors Choice Stick-Ums are not just for kids.

(this isn't an insert, but a great looking subset)

I am apart of the movement to keep your Protective Coating on. Well, it's not really a movement yet but if it becomes that, let me be in charge.

L

 
Who wants to talk some Hoops with Bill Walton? I remember pulling quite a few of these back in the day. Can't quite remember the odds on them but it wasn't very tough. It seems a lot of products in the 90's did some combination inserts with current and former players. Topps did one called Profiles that featured Steve Young (football), Kirby Puckett (baseball) and David Robinson (basketball) and Mark Messier (hockey). The football set I am chasing.

Thanks again to Oren for the trade and the newest basketball additions.

Basketball cards making a comeback in my collection just gives me another outlet to go to when I am in a rut with my other parts of collecting. We all hit that point, I know you must as well.

******************************************
What do you do when you are in a rut with collecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment