Thursday, September 30, 2021

REVIEW:2021 Topps Fire (NIIIICE PULL)

THIS BOX WAS ON FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRREEE!

Sorry, I think I use that Alicia Keys song every time I open up some Topps Fire. It just simply fits.

In the past I have not had great success with the product, both football (when Topps had the license) and baseball. In 2021, that has changed and it took to the last pack to change it.

Let's check it out:

Each retail exclusive 2021 Topps Fire hobby box comes with 20 packs of 6 cards each. Each box comes with 2 autographs and boxes run around $70-$100. Pretty cheap looking at today's standard.

BASE:

The base set consists of 200 cards that includes veterans, legends and

rookies of the game.

The art designs done in Tyson Beck style. The designs the last few years have felt similar and kind of a drop off from when the product first dropped. That 2014 football design is still the best out there.

PARALLELS:
The following parallels can be found in this years Topps Fire:
Gold Minted, Flame, Orange /299, Green #/199 (1:30), Purple #/99 (1:60), Magenta #/25 (1:236), Onyx SSP (1:241), Inferno 1/1 (1:6,013).




Green falls 1:20

Orange falls 1:20

INSERTS:
For me, Topps Fire is what brings the heat in fire. If only the base can bring the intensity the inserts do.
There are 15 cards to collect in Flame Throwers and they fall 1:13 packs.

Fired Up (my favorite design) falls 1:13 packs and has 15 cards to collect as well.

Smoke and Mirrors has 20 cards and falls 1:8 packs

Rookie Ignition falls 1:8 packs and has 25 cards to collect.

Falling 1:10, the We Have Liftoff set has 20 cards to collect

HITS:
My first hit was my typical find, though not a pitcher, and I was ready for another disappointing break.

Then came the last pack mojo.......
What a beaut!

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Well, the box was heading in the wrong direction until I hit the Vlad. I have seen many big hits from this product already this year but this was my first time ever landing one. I also really dig the design on the card and the fact its an on-card auto.

The design for most of the product, especially the inserts is nice. It's a fun rip if you can find any.

Leave your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment