Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Post Without Cards

Here it is. A post without any cards which is the first time in the 9 and a half years this blog has been going on.

Normally, I would be showing off cards but I had no time for pictures today, so instead I will tackle a touchy subject, Covid-19.

I won't dive into any details, but yesterday was the first time ever I had to be tested for Covid. I am vaccinated and don't have any symptoms but the situation put me in that spot to be tested. Not to mention, my wife (who works in pediatrics) and family had to be as well.

For me, this is overly frustrating for someone who follows the rules such as mask wearing in big groups (even small ones, once again I am vaccinated), washes hands to no end, uses hand sanitizer when possible, and when gets take out in the car-if I have been somewhere like a store first- I will use a fork to eat everything with including fries, donuts and tearing apart a burger. I guess you could refer to me as Sheldon Cooper of Covid.

Why is it frustrating? So many don't follow the rules in place and some don't even believe the virus is real. I know everyone has their own opinions on it, but I think common courtesy would be to at least think about others who do in this situation. It's simple, wear a mask, wash hands at the very least. I don't expect you to get the vaccine, though that would be a huge plus, but please do the simple steps. Keep those of us who follow the rules safe. Keep all healthcare workers safe as well.

Thank you.

Cards will be back on here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment