Saturday, September 4, 2021

REVIEW:2021 Topps Pro Debut

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are having an amazing day whenever and wherever you are reading this, even those of you sitting on the toilet right now during your work day.

Today, I will be reviewing the latest prospect chasing product from Topps in Pro Debut, a product in the past I haven't ever hit too well in. I think that changes today, but you will have to read through my gibberish to see. Although, most of you will click this link and scroll to the bottom. Yes, I see you doing it.

Let's check this break out and not make you wait any longer, shall we?
Every hobby box of 2021 Topps Pro Debut comes with 24 packs of 8 cards. There will be four autographs per box and box prices for those four autographs is pretty good at $90.

BASE:

The base set for Pro Debut consists of 200 cards and has mixed prospects of the future and some of the top prospects in the MLB right now.

Guys like Wander Franco, Bobby Witt Jr and

 
Jarred Kelenic co-exist in this product in the 2021 Topps MLB design along with

Top prospects being featured in the 1991 Topps design. A little odd seeing two different base card designs done as it reminded me of Archives, but, I get what they were trying to do.

PARALLELS:
I think Pro Debut has the "right" amount of parallels, not too many and not too less. The product offers the following parallels to chase, Blue /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /10, and Black 1/1.

Here was my gold parallel /50

Blue /150

INSERTS:

There are only a small handful of inserts to tackle in Topps Pro Debut, once again, I think it's the right amount of them.

They also have the following parallels, Green /99, Orange /25, and Black 1/1.

MILB Legends has all of those stud players from their time in the minors. There are 20 cards in the set and I need the Griffey. These fall 1:6 packs.

 Major Scale has 10 cards in the set that falls 1:12 packs.

 
The Cogeneration has 20 cards to collect and falls 1:6 packs.

HITS:
I don't have a vast knowledge in the minor league system or top guys unless I have heard their name before.

So I don't know these first three guys.....



But.....
The #1 pick I do know. Great pull in this box.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
The price per box and number of hits is excellent considering today's times. I have seen a few bangers come out of this so far.

There is also that chance that one of these unknown guys, at least to me, can turn out big as well. I say this is a worth the gamble product.

Let me know your thoughts on today's product in comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment