Wednesday, September 1, 2021

My National

My biggest hobby dream, other than being on a card itself in a product (I am looking at you for Ginter), is to make it to The National.

For me, The National wouldn't be about buying, selling or even trading cards, it would be about meeting the people. The people who blog alongside me. The people who read my blog. The people who have helped move this blog forward over the years. The people who I call friends.

But, cost, distance and having time to go will always be the holding back factor. Though I have joked with my nephew who just took a trip Atlantic City-which is home to next years show-about him taking me next year in which he happily said yes. Him and I both know that, it won't happen.

So as always I will live my dream through someone else.

This years National I lived it through @clrshonuff.

Chris and myself have done quite a few trades over the years so I had mentioned to him while he was at the biggest show on earth, to keep an eye out on any new cards for our trade, especially Rodney Hampton 1/1's.

Though he didn't find any Rodney Hampton 1/1's, what he did find was pretty cool.
2005 Zenith Epix 1st Down insert

Donruss Elite Turn Of The Century Parallel

2005 Gridiron Kings Parallel

Panini Contenders Draft Ticket

2006 Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes Parallel

Rodney Hampton 1991 Fleer Ultra (IP or TTM autograph)

All of these were snagged for me at The National, but being the great guy Chris is, he snuck in an extra surprise.
 
He had remembered how much I wanted an Anthony Mason autograph he had posted up, so he passed it along. Makes a nice add to my 90's Knicks collection. One of these days I hope to find a Patrick Ewing autograph in the mail. So if you are Christmas shopping for me early, there you go.

Thanks goes out to Chris for the cards and trade. Looking forward to our next.

Hopefully some day I will be able to experience what Chris did, in the meantime, Topps if you are reading this and while you still have a license, this blogger would sign on for free if you let him in Allen&Ginter. No charge at all! If an Egg and a beer maker can be a base card, so can't a sport card blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment