Friday, March 19, 2021

Player HITlights:Jason Pierre-Paul

 
Gotta admit, it wasn't easy this past Super Bowl not only having to watch Tom Brady win yet another, but also having to watch former NY Giant Jason Pierre-Paul do the same.

Jason Pierre-Paul was the Giants First Round Pick (15th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft.  He played 8 seasons with them, helping them win Super Bowl 46 along the way, before being traded in March of 2018 to the Tampa Bay Bucs who gave up ONLY a 3rd Round Pick for him.

I think the biggest reason for the trade was new management trying to rebuild the team and the fact that Pierre-Paul's hand injury from the fireworks incident was limiting him still at the time.

In his time with the Giants, I was fortunate enough to add some great autographed cards of him.






I don't however have any jersey/patch/relic cards of him. I may need to change that.

Unlike a lot of other collectors when a player leaves their favorite team they stop collecting them, I am still always adding JPP cards when they come my way. It's not something I seek out per say, but if someone has one for trade and he is wearing a Giants uniform, I will take it. As the saying goes, once a Giant, always a Giant.

Pierre-Paul totaled 58.5 sacks including a 16.5 sack season in 2011 in his time with NY.  He also had a couple of Interception for Touchdowns with them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment