Sunday, March 14, 2021

Rodney's Cardboard:1997 Skybox Reebok Red

The Skybox Premium line from 1995-1999 was incredible. Lots of fun base card designs, inserts and some unique parallels. Todays' card though, not so much in terms of unique. 

It falls under the lame category.

The only thing that makes this a parallel is the Reebok website at the bottom. There is multiple colors to chase and the base card didn't have the website.

Two of the toughest colors to chase were Green and today's, Red. In which I have only ever seen one listing of each ever.

The green one sold awhile back but fortunately for good friends like Wes, I was able to land the red with now only the green left to chase.

I kind of wished I had known about these parallels in the 90's when I bought tons of packs. I remember seeing the Reebok website on some cards but not others and figured it was an error. I guess I should have looked deeper into it. Who knows how many of the rarer ones I just tossed in a dupes box to be sold for $1 a box. Hate to even think about it.

Thanks to Wes on the assist with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment