Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Giants Cardboard:Eli's Incoming

My latest mail day from Burbank Sportcards was full of NY Giants, especially of one guy I have been really focused on grabbing as many cards as I can of.

No this guy isn't a hot prospect or even that respected by a lot of fans, but he bled Giants blue from Day 1 even at the draft when he requested to be traded from the Chargers to the Giants on draft day. 

That man, Eli Manning.

I look back on that trade and don't ever regret the Giants decision to give up all that they did. At the time I didn't either. I knew the last name would lead to some hope for a team needing it and boy did it.

A leader on and off the field. let the Giants to two Super Bowl wins. Both games will forever burn in my mind.

With so much love of the Giants and talk that he is coming to join the staff now as well, I came to realize my next player collection was staring at me the whole time.

So as I drive towards 700 Eli Mannings I have been picking up some fun ones along the way.

Like this lime green parallel from Unparalleled.

I hadn't ever seen this one, but I wanted it and needed it. Great looking card.

Father and son

This one as you can see was rough around the edges when I got it in. My OCD immediately wants this one replaced so I haven't counted it towards my collection and will hopefully land another soon.

This is a Living Legends gold numbered to 299. I can't help it, I have a thing with acetate.

With these new adds from Burbank Sportscards Beckett Marketplace (also saved 10% by using code 15Burbank which I suggest you try as well), I am creeping towards 700 Eli Manning cards as of my typing of this which currently pegs me at 666 of him. A number I hope to not keep around too long.

If you have any Eli Manning cards, DM on Twitter or contact me via email at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com to see if I have them and we can work out a trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment