Saturday, October 24, 2015

Reminiscing 90's:1992 TMNT Mona Lisa

Welcome! I have been waiting on this new series for months!!! Everyone knows my love of the 90's and now I get to share that passion on here and take you back a little. 

What is this new series all about? Well....
I get the year from the toy and the day the post is published. The cards I could have done by the year of the toy, but I decided to use the theme of the toy instead due to the fact a lot of the featured toys will be early 90's and I prefer a good mix.I must also note that not all will specifically be "toys"but will be items of remembrance as well, hence the theme.

I hope you guys enjoy reading these as much as I do posting them!

Key notes for October 24th 1992:
October 24th 1992 was a Saturday
George H.W.Bush was President
Most Popular Movie released in October of 1992 was The Lover
Most Popular Book around this time was Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King
Billboard Hot 100 number-one single on October 24th 1992 was End Of The Road by Boyz II Men
SPORTS Toronto Blue Jays beat Atlanta Braves, 4 games to 2, in 88th World Series

FEATURED TOY:
This is an incomplete piece that I recently found for FREE at a Yard Sale. She is missing her tail and accessories. Still a classic to this TMNT fan.

1992 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Playmates Mona Lisa.
Mona Lisa was mostly associated with Raphael on the TMNT cartoon.

FEATURED CARDS:
Speaking of Turtles, let's keep this theme green. These 1996 Pacific Gridiron Gems fit the bill.

These over-sized cards all had a great photos with green foil that took up a third of the card. The sides of the card also appeared to be blurred out focusing on the "Gem" player on the card.

I had a few of these kicking around, but these ones were acquired from my blogging buddy JBF.


My favorite of the group, Kerry Collins. Always was a fan of his. I was excited when he became a NY Giant later on.
It was a sad day when Pacific no longer created cards. They always brought something great to the table but at least we have the 90's to reminisce about them.

What memories do you have of 1992, TMNT or these Pacific trading cards?

1 comment:

  1. Fun stuff. While I did watch the TMNT cartoon from time to time, I don't recall the Mona Lisa character. For free, that sounds like a great deal!

    ReplyDelete