Saturday, October 31, 2015

Reminiscing 90's:1993 Goosebumps Night Of The Living Dummy

Key notes for October 31st 1993:
October 31st was a Sunday
Bill Clinton was President
Most Popular Movie released in October of 1992 was The Nightmare Before Christmas
Most Popular Book around this time was The Bridges Of Madison County by James Waller
Billboard Hot 100 number-one single on October 24th 1992 was Dream Lover by Mariah Carey
SPORTS US wins Nichirei International LPGA Golf Tournamen
Few other notes.... River Phoenix dies at age 23, it's Halloween, and  I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf was the number one song in the UK.

FEATURED TOY:
I read a bunch of the Goosebumps series in the 90's. This is one of the original releases and not the updated cover ones. I will post a few of these in this new segment.

1993 Goosebumps Night Of The Living Dummy

I was always a fan of living dolls I guess you could say. Puppet Master, Child's Play and Slappy.

FEATURED CARDS:

These are the opposite of dummies. These are some of the most dominant players of the 90's.

Well, despite being dominant, I guess you could put Clemens in the dummy section. #cheater
The cards featured in today's post I acquired from eBay and from my buddy Tim Yount.

I know I could have gone either way with the dummy part of this, but I decided to keep it positive. However, if you were to choose a dummy of the 90's, who would that be? This can be a celeb, sports player, team, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading the entire original run of Goosebumps. A friend in school got me reading them circa 4th grade. I still have them all but have not touched them in years...There are cards for the series as well. Topps issued a set and there were also some issued somewhere else..I think maybe in the books, but I am not totally sure anymore.

    ReplyDelete