Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Dion's Box

I have made many trades over the years with Dion from Dions Autograph Blog but none were as heavy or as big as our latest one. I felt bad for the older woman who delivers my mail. Hope she didn't end up on workers comp.

Was also hoping I wasn't going to get injured. I will say I am dealing with some right shoulder pain the past week, but don't think it was because of this.

 
Dion's Box, as I call it, contained a wide variety of items. There were unopened boxes/packs, a canvas poster and some loose cards all packed within.


I have never opened or owned any cards from the Desert Storm series and Dion had a few boxes up for grabs so I grabbed them.

 
I don't know anything about Deathwatch what-so-ever, but I saw Ken Griffey Jr on the front of the box so I wanted it.

Super Bowl 25 unopened packs from Pro Set. Super Bowl 25 is another one of those incredible Super Bowls, unless you were a Bills fan.

If you saw in the box a poster rolled up, you would unravel it to see this canvas of Saquon Barkley. Now to find a place to hang it.

Besides these bigger items, there was also a lot of loose cards. Most of the loose cards were made up of non-sport. I won't share them all, but will showcase a few.
This isn't non sport, but I thought it was a unique find of retired soccer player, two-time FIFA Women's World Cup champion, two-time Olympic gold-medalist, coach, and sports broadcaster.

Dion did not have relations with this card...or maybe he did and tossed Bill aside like Hillary. Will never truly know, but I do like adding presidential cards to my collection. 

Bode Miller is a gold medal skier and is also someone who could be considered a "local guy celebrity" from where he started.
 
David Cross has acted in a ton of movies and television and most know him from Arrested Developement, but when I hear his name I think of Scary Movie 2 where he is cracking wheelchair jokes.

Another presidential card

RIP Colin Powell. I do own one of these, but it's a unique card so I don't mind having two.

Anthony Anderson has played in a ton of TV and movie spots, but for me, his roles in the Scary Movie films still stand out and make me laugh.

Frank Caliendo is the man of many voices who does great impressions of John Madden and Morgan Freeman.

Pamela Anderson...do I need to say more?

Thanks again to Dion for the trade.

Thoughts on my mail day or any of the specific cards and boxes are welcomed in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment