Thursday, March 17, 2022

Cardboard Review: 2021 Playoff Football (Top 5 Pick Autograph!)

I miss football already, glad there is at least new football card releases rolling out until actual new releases come out. Though it does feel weird opening up a product called playoff after the playoffs.

Yes, so today's rip will be of 2021 Playoff football. Let's see if it goes as great as the 2021 Playoffs did.

Each box of 2021 Playoff football has 12 packs of 8 cards each. There will be three hits (2 autographs and one memorabilia) in each box and each box costs roughly just under $400.

A little steep like most products nowadays.

BASE:
There are 300 cards to collect in the base set of Playoff.

200 of those cards are veterans and each team has a legend.

And there are also 100 rookies. Which I like because it covers more ground and not just the top picks.

PARALELLS:
You can find the following base card parallels in Playoff,
Goal Line, Kickoff, Red Zone, 1st Down /100, 2nd Down /50, 3rd Down /35, 4th Down /25, No Huddle /10, and Touchdown 1/1.

I like the names of these parallels as it covers what football is.
1st Down /100

2nd Down /50

3rd Down /35

4th Down /25

Along with the base set, there is also a chromed silver base called Playoff Plus. I didn't know about this part until I researched the product. I love the playoff even more done this way. There are 100 cards in this set and features some cards from the actual base set checklist.

There are also parallels to this set including, 
Blue /50, Red /25, Gold /10, and Black 1/1.
Amari Rodgers was a red /25

INSERTS:
One thing I love but also find odd in this product is the inserts Usually chromed inserts are in a chromed product. Not in this case. A paper base product with chromed inserts is odd but I love the inserts so much, it doesn't bother me as much as it should.

Each insert has the following parallels, 
Silver, Blue, Die-Cut, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, Gold /10, and Touchdown 1/1.
Call To Arms has 20 cards to collect and feature the QB's.

Thunder and Lighting...sorry Thunder and Lightning. These combine two of the best players on 20 teams.

Behind The Numbers has 30 cards to collect.

And my favorite insert of them all....
Rookie Wave. Check out these babies!! Absolutely love the design and reminds me of a 90's insert.

HITS:

Turning Pro relic of the top pick Trevor Lawrence

Speaking of a top pick autograph, Kyle Pitts was the 4th pick in the draft. I believe this is the third autograph of his I have pulled this year and the first two I gave away. What should I do with this one.....

And my other autograph is of Christian Barmore.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I love the product, I just wished the price point wasn't so steep. If this was back in the old days for $125-$150 range, its an absolute want.

The inserts to me still stand out above all else in this product and I am chasing all of the Rookie Waves I can so if you are reading this and have any, send em my way!

Thoughts on this product welcomed in comments and stay tuned for a contest coming up as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment