Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday Morning Shines

I have been putting myself out there more for trading since the pandemic. It's an adjustment from the change of the overall hobby landscape for myself. Without trading, I won't be seeing many cards make their way to my mailbox.

The results of putting myself out there more has been very beneficial for my collection as I have added some cool cards I didn't have before.

One of my recent trades was made with @stevenweeks1217. Not only did it haul me in some NEW Kerry Collins, some set needs and some fun 90's inserts, but he also had a few Giants I needed for my collection. You can see the rest of my goodies on Twitter I hauled in this trade. 

I plan on bringing back the Kerry Collins Cardboard segment back at some point and it will be on here breaking down my newest finds. I will do Giants uniform only though to stay TRUE BLUE on here.

Anyways, let's move onto my small haul of Giants from this trade.

I don't remember having this Skybox Premium Ron Dayne as I don't have a lot of Dayne. I was on hobby hiatus in 2000. What a terrible time to have taken off to with Brady in the mix!

The next card is this 2008 Topps Chrome rookie refractor of Mario Manningham. I still to this day am amazed by Eli's throw and Manningham's catch in Super Bowl 46. If you haven't seen that one, do yourself a favor and head to YouTube.

 
The final card is stunning, there is nothing like these 1994 Finest refractors. Today's refractors don't come close. I had the base Meggett but not the refractor until now. 

And in the package was this surprise tattoo,
 
I will use this on my binder cover, but unpeeled.

Thanks again to Steven for the trade, I hope we can do this again.

Thoughts on my mail day welcomed in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment