Friday, April 29, 2016

Nuttin But The Hits:2016 Contenders Football Hobby Box

My first 2016 football card bust is usually SA-GE Hit, but this year I broke that streak and tried a box of 2016 Contenders Draft.Cause, well, it's Contenders.

Let's see how my first football break of the year went.

Box Breakdown:
  • 4 RUSH WEEK
  • 4 CLASS REUNION
  • 4 COLLEGIATE CONNECTIONS
  • 4 PASSING GRADES
  • 48 GAME DAY TICKETS
  • 24 SCHOOL COLORS
  • 24 OLD SCHOOL COLORS
  • 5 Autographs
  • $130 Per Box
My first pull, a sweet Cracked Ice of Carlos Hyde. These are numbered to 23.
 
Now onto the autograph onslaught. I don't believe I did that great,but with any rookie card, you just never know. Who knew Tom Brady was going to be great? It all depends on the player, team and position the player is put in.

Jarran Reed. I never get very excited when I pull defensive players....
 
DJ Foster

 
Kelvin Taylor

 
Tre Madden

 
And finally, Alex Collins which is a College Bowl Ticket parallel. These are numbered to 99.
 
 
Overall, a bit disappointing for now. But, you just never know when these guys can step up and make plays. 

What is your usual first NFL product to open around draft time? How did your team do in the first round? Thoughts on Contenders Draft also welcomed!

3 comments:

  1. I've actually been very pleased with Contenders Draft. I think it works really well as a college product, and the cards are definitely nicer than Leaf or Sage. Not to mention they tend to throw a couple Hokies in each set! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex Collins could be a sleeper. He ran good in college

    ReplyDelete
  3. KELVIN TAYLOR IS THE ONE I'D KEEP. REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOU ABOUT JEREMY LANGFORD? :)

    ReplyDelete