Monday, August 17, 2015

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?! PART 5

WHAT'S IN THE BOX??!!!! I yelled, well, quietly yelled to myself making a movie reference from the ending of Seven. Cause honestly like Brad Pitt, I had no idea what was inside this shoe box.

So cautiously hoping not to find a head, I opened the box and found many scrap papers, trash and some hobby items. Yes, buried within this box were some hobby items I had forgotten about. So for fun, I thought I would come up with a new segment to show you what I found.

The very first hobby item I found in the box was an autograph and mini Ginter card of hobby celeb, Chris Olds who is an Editor at Beckett.

I received this a couple of years ago back when he was hosting Wednesday night card chat on Facebook and was awarding prizes to active chatters. Obviously I always had a lot to say so I had earned myself a prize that I can't recall anymore. I think it may have been card packs. I liked the chance at winning prizes, but I really miss joining in on those conversations. Always fun to discuss the hobby with other collectors.

Overall, I think this is a really cool piece. I have collected a few "hobby celeb" autos over the years and still have more to go. Hopefully someday I can fill in those missing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment