Tuesday, August 25, 2015

HOBBY TOPIC: Madden Season!

Today was the release of Madden NFL 16. The one and only video game/hobby I do other than cards. This marked the 20th straight year I was able to pick up the game on it's release day.

This years edition was even more special with the first NY Giants player to grace it's cover since they moved away from having John Madden's face on there. So for me it's both a collectible and a fun activity.

I mean, it's Odell Beckham Jr. It should be a collectible for everyone right?

This years version of the game has a new interface and play around the CB's and WR's. It focuses more on the way you can catch the ball and deep passes actually work for once.

The way I play has never changed. I do Franchise mode as the Giants in the All-Madden level against the computer and always have. I never play online. My strategy has also always been the same. First season, trade off aging costly players for incoming rookies from the draft class, free up cap money for the off season and pickup as many speed players as possible at HB, WR, TE, CB, FS, SS and LB. Speed kills and always has and most of those positions will not be allowed to have anyone under 90 spd overall no matter what their ovr number is.

My first season will either be a huge boom or huge fail but I will make sure by bringing in these younger speed players that I will have a bright future later on. I haven't had much play time yet with '16 other than trading Eli Manning off and picking up Jameis Winston in a trade. I have much more to go.

Anyways, I am just wondering how many of you play the game? What team do you play as? What's your strategy? What level do you play on? And do you play online?

No comments:

Post a Comment